On Monday 23 November 2020 from 19:00 – 20:30 (Melbourne time zone) the Monash University will organize the free online live stream: “Re-imagining health education”. The live stream is part of their series of Global Critical Conversations which welcomes a line-up of distinguished scholars, educators and industry representatives to share their insights and engage in dialogue focusing on the Monash Education Research priorities. The online live stream will be held in English.
Health education has long been a school subject area and an important element in public health and health promotion campaigns but its goals are still difficult to achieve. Continuing challenges force professionals to critically rethink health education, its assumptions and practices, and thus transform it.
Panelists from Australia, Italy and Canada will explore the new ways of working, teaching, and learning in health education. They will answer these questions:
- What are the current major challenges facing health education?
- What can we make of health education’s intentions and tactics?
- What does it mean to bring interdisciplinarity to the table, what does it offer and what challenges does it pose?
- How might we involve people and communities through participatory approaches to health education?
- Is there a need to explore new spaces for health education?
- How well placed are we to realize new ambitions for health education and what kind of workforce do we need?
More information: https://bit.ly/2Ur7kr4