The annual International Adolescent Health Week (IAHW), will take place this year from 15-21 March 2020. IAAH and the UNESCO chair in Global health and Education are supporting this initiative.
The 2020 Theme is: Transforming Risk into Wellness with Resilience, Healthy Lifestyle, and Holistic Well-being.
What: An annual, international week of dynamic participatory events to inspire adolescents and their communities to advocate for a successful transition into adulthood.
Who: Individuals and organizations all over the world (the IAHW map is here)
When: 15-21 March 2020 (third full week in March annually)
Official Color: Lime green, which represents health, happiness, and the high energy and passion of adolescents.
It is an opportunity for all professionals who work with young people to run events locally. The website has a number of resources for people to use to do so.
- Website: internationaladolescenthealthweek.org
- Toolkits: https://internationaladolescenthealthweek.org/resources.html
- Timeline planning
- Resilience and Mental Health
- Healthy Communities and Holistic Well-Being
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Youth designed logos : https://internationaladolescenthealthweek.org/youthdesignedlogos.html
Social Media #IAHW2020 :
If you have any questions at all, please contact: Laura A. Offutt, MD, FACP: Real Talk with Dr. Offutt, LLC www.realtalkwithdroffutt.org